Nicole's Blog

Nicole's Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Letter #1 from 5/26/2014

So for some reason, this week the words ´diligence´ and ´leadership´ wouldn´t leave my mind. And that really freaked me out, because I do NOT wanna be a leader. Nonononot at alllll. But, because the words wouldn´t leave me alone, I decided to study. So I looked up lead, leader, and leadership in the TG, and I wrote down and read EVERY single scripture, and then wrote down attributes of a leader that I found. This was definitely inspired guys, because I would NEVER do that on my own. But the verse that I found and learned from the most was Jacob 1:19 and it says,

And we did magnify our office unto the Lord, taking upon us the responsibility, answering the sins of the people upon our own heads IF we did not teach them the word of God with ALL diligence, wherefore, by laboring with our might their blood might not come upon our garments, otherwise their blood would come upon our garments, and we would not be found spotless at the last day.´

So, obviously, that´s super duper powerful, and it really hit me hard. We are ALL leaders. Every single missionary is one...and you guys too. But mostly me because it´s my calling, haha. I am here as a representative of our Lord, Jesus Christ. He was a shepherd, a guide, and that is my job. If I don´t work with ALL diligence teach these people, the guilt is MINE. So, This really opened up my eyes, and I´m working harder than ever to serve, teach with the spirit, and to really love these people. I´m learning to be more direct with them too. I am learning so much.

Also, this was the first time I received revelation without asking for it, haha. It was great.

But you guys too!! I heard a story in sacrament meeting this week. It is a boy relating a dream that he had about the premortal life right before he got his mission call.

So he was up there with his friend in the premortal life, and they were waiting for their calls to the earth. A messenger came and gave a call to each of them. The boy telling the story opened it first, and it said basically ´you will be born in the fulness of the Gospel, and you will have freedom and happiness. You will live in the United States.´ The boys cried with joy and were super happy for him. Then it was the other one´s turn. He opened his call, and it said basically, ´you will not be born in the gospel. You will live in a place that is very corrupted, and you will not have freedom. your life will be very difficult, and you won´t have the truth. you will live in Costa Rica.´

The boys cried and cried. The one who was going to live in Costa Rica said tearfully, Please find and help me.

So, the boy who went to live in the united states (the one telling this story) was waiting for his mission call. The call came in the mail, and it said that he would be going to Costa Rica.

While he was on his mission, he sent a letter back home. It only had four words on it. It said ´I found my friend.´

It is OUR job to be lights and to spread this wonderful Gospel. Our friends that we knew before this life are waiting for us to give it to them. It is a joyful thing! And this work is NOT done for ANYONE until we are all resting peacefully in Zion.

So, do your member missionary work! Who wouldn´t want this beautiful Gospel? It is a gospel of change. Everyone we know chose to come here before, and it is our job to help them remember. We´ll be their guides back home, and how great will be our joy.

Love you all!

Sister Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment